- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 large tomatoes, cored
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh red chile pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the zucchini and garlic in the skillet until lightly browned. Remove from heat, and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes, onion, and chile pepper, leaving a few small chunks.
In a large pot, mix the tomato puree and vegetable broth. Season with tarragon, dill, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and mix in the zucchini and garlic. Cover, and cook 45 minutes.