- 4 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups cold chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco?
In a large food processor, combine the avocado, shallot, chicken broth, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, lime juice and tequila. Reserve a little bit of cilantro for garnish, then put the rest into the processor. Process until smooth. If you have an immersion blender, you may do this in a pot or large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
To serve, divide the soup between four chilled bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of cilantro.