- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup uncooked star-shaped pasta
Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into pot and cook, stirring frequently, until well browned. Remove meat, leaving excess oil in pot.
Cook onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat until translucent. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, vegetable soup mix, and water. Reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes.
Add pasta stars, cover, and simmer 20 minutes more, or until pasta is tender. You may add more water at any time to adjust consistency.