Everyone enjoys this soup, which is hardy and tasty.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, shaped into balls
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Brown beef on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Brown sausage on all sides. Drain fat. Return beef to Dutch oven and add remaining ingredients except potatoes and celery. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until beef is tender, about 1-1/2 hours. Add the potatoes and celery. Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.