- 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups dry red wine
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (16 ounce) package spinach fettuccine pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, cook sausage over medium heat until brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Drain fat from pan, reserving 3 tablespoons.
Cook garlic and onion in reserved fat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, wine, broth, basil, and oregano. Transfer to a slow cooker, and stir in sausage, zucchini, bell pepper, and parsley.
Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain water, and add pasta to the slow cooker. Simmer for a few minutes, and season with salt and pepper before serving.
[…] See full ‘Best Italian Sausage Soup’ recipe here… […]