If you love Tex-Mex dishes and you love quick and convenient but healthy and interesting dishes, then this soup fits the bill in every way.
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, chopped turkey meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
In a large pot over medium heat, combine corn, chili beans, broth and salsa. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and stir in cooked turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook 5 to 10 minutes more, until heated through. Stir in cilantro.
In a bowl, stir together sour cream and guacamole until smooth.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with guacamole mixture.