- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ground cinnamon to taste (optional)
- fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. Bake 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Scoop the pulp from the skins. Discard skins.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
In a blender or food processor, blend the squash pulp, onion, broth, brown sugar, cream cheese, pepper, and cinnamon until smooth. This may be done in several batches.
Transfer the soup to a pot over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Garnish with parsley, and serve warm.
[…] Get full soup recipe here… […]