- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups clam juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen white corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Whisk in flour, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in clam juice and chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Mix in corn, and season with salt, white pepper, thyme, and cayenne. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in cream, crab meat, and green onions. Heat through, but do not boil once the cream has been added.