- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, chopped
- 3 (28 ounce) cans roma tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onions, carrots, garlic, and chile pepper until tender. Mix in tomatoes, vegetable stock, 1/2 the cilantro, balsamic vinegar, sugar, brown sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
Transfer the soup in batches to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Return to the pot, and continue cooking until heated through.
Remove soup from heat, and mix in the cream. Finely chop the remaining cilantro, and mix into the soup to serve.