- 2 small onions
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup diced, seeded peeled tomato
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Chop one onion; set aside. Quarter the other onion and place in a 3-qt. saucepan. Add water, carrots, celery salt and pepper; bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Return to the pan.
In a skillet, saute the zucchini and chopped onion in oil and butter until tender; add to carrot mixture. Stir in tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Stir in milk and parsley; heat through.