- 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup dry adzuki beans
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 yellow squash, cubed
- 1/3 medium head escarole, coarsely chopped
Place the chicken broth in a large pot. Mix in the chicken thighs, adzuki beans, wild rice, onions, and garlic. Season with sage, thyme, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook 1 hour.
Remove chicken from the pot, shred with a fork, and set aside.
Stir the sweet potato into the pot. Continue cooking about 5 minutes, until sweet potato is slightly tender. Mix in the zucchini, yellow squash, and escarole. Continue cooking 15 minutes.
Return the shredded chicken to the pot. Cook until heated through. Increase the amount of broth if the soup seems too thick.