- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, curry powder, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the onion has turned translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
Stir the chicken stock and squash into the onion mixture. Simmer the soup over medium heat until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat, and stir in the nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, and peanut butter. Transfer the mixture in batches to a blender or food processor; blend until smooth, slowly pouring in the cream. Reheat soup if necessary, but do not boil. Serve garnished with parsley.