It is great to make your own condensed soup mix since it makes your soups taste better. It also contains 1/3 less calories and sodium than store bought condensed soup. You can make this any flavor you desire. Just add a different flavor of bouillon granules.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Using an air tight container combine dry milk, cornstarch, onion flakes, pepper and chicken bouillon. If desired also add basil and thyme. Mix well and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
When using the mix combine 1/3 cup of the mix with 1 1/4 cups of water in saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened.