This soup is a staple in several New Orleans restaurants. If you don’t like it spicy do not use the Creole seasoning, just add more salt and pepper. Serve with salad and garlic bread. It’s easy and delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot(r))
- salt to taste
- 1 pound crawfish, peeled
Melt butter in a large pot over low heat, and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly to make a light roux, about 5 minutes.
Add onions, and cook until wilted. Pour in milk, creamed corn, whole kernel corn, and cream of potato soup. Season with Creole seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, and salt. Stir to blend, and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Add the crawfish, and cook for 20 more minutes.
Today's recipe – Crawfish and Corn Soup http://t.co/HjP1ANwM #soup #recipes
[…] See full ‘Crawfish and Corn Soup’ recipe here… Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Posted in Uncategorized […]