- 3 medium leeks (white part only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
In a large saucepan, saute the leeks in butter. Add broth, asparagus, potatoes and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Add milk; cook over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.