- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
In large saucepan, combine broth, cream of mushroom soup, onion, celery and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add milk and bring to a boil.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add mixture to soup, stirring constantly. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add broccoli and cheeses, mixing until melted.