- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes and carrots and cook 5 minutes more. Pour in chicken çbroth and bring to a boil. Stir in cauliflower, cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
Puree in batches in a blender or food processor, or in the pot using an immersion blender. Return to low heat and stir in milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sherry. Heat through. Serve garnished with parsley.