- 4 cups COLLEGE INN(r) Chicken Broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 (4.5 ounce) package quick cooking long grain and wild rice with seasoning packet
- 1 cup DEL MONTE(r) canned peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth, water and turkey. Bring just to boiling, then stir in rice, reserving seasoning packet. Cover and remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and flour. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in contents of seasoning packet until mixture is bubbly. Reduce heat to low, then stir in flour mixture by tablespoons, to form a roux. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes.
Stir cream mixture into broth and rice. Cook over medium heat until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.