- 2 pounds cubed stew meat
- 5 potatoes, cubed
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over high heat, boil the stew meat in enough water to cover the meat completely for 30 minutes, skimming the froth as necessary.
Place the potatoes, carrots and onions into the pot, adding water if necessary. Boil for 30 minutes
Drain the water but leave enough to cover the meat and vegetables in the pot. Then add the corn, peas, green beans, lima beans, butter beans and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.