- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 pounds potatoes – peeled, boiled and diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 celery, sliced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 9 3/4 cups water
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
Combine frozen vegetables, potatoes, onion, celery, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and onion soup mix, mix well. Cover and cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 hours.
Serve hot with cold evaporated milk, if desired.