- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 pound bacon – cooked and crumbled
In a large stock pot place beef, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, celery, broth and vegetables. Add enough water to cover ingredients, cover pot and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until vegetables are soft and beef is cooked through.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, rosemary, thyme and basil. Add bacon bits, stir and serve.