- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place potatoes, carrot and garlic in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place 3 cups potato mixture in a bowl and mash. Set aside mashed potatoes and remaining potato mixture.
In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a soup kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until soup is thickened.
Add the parsley, salt, bouillon, seasoned salt and pepper; mix well. add the mashed potato mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Add the reserved potato and sausage mixtures. Heat through.
[…] See full ‘Hearty Garlic Potato Soup Recipe’ recipe here… […]