- 2 eggs
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 in. balls.
In a soup kettle, bring broth to a boil. Carefully add the meatballs. Add the tomato juice, tomatoes, vegetables, rice and basil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the parsley and soy sauce. simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
[…] See full ‘Hearty Meatball Soup’ recipe here… […]