- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups finely chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Make a white sauce of milk or cream, flour, and oil. Add chicken. Add sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (may use more or less as desired). Mix well and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
If soup is not as thick as desired, mix a small amount of cornstarch with a small amount of water and add to soup. Simmer for 10 minutes.