- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless chicken leg quarters
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 quarts water
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 clove roasted garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package thin egg noodles
In a large pot over medium heat, cook chicken pieces in oil until browned on both sides. Stir in onion and cook 2 minutes more. Pour in water and chicken bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
Stir in celery, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer until carrots are just tender. Remove chicken pieces and pull the meat from the bone. Stir the noodles into the pot and cook until tender, 10 minutes. Return chicken meat to pot just before serving.