- 12 ounces dry mixed beans
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
Pick through and rinse beans. Place in a 4 quart pot, and cover with at least 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover, and let stand in the refrigerator overnight.
Drain and rinse beans. Place beans in slow cooker with canned tomatoes, broth, white wine, and vegetables. Cover, and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until done. Slice links into 1/2 inch pieces. Add meat to slow cooker, and cook soup another 30 to 60 minutes.