This is a recipe for a Minestrone Soup that is very similar to Lelli’s Minestrone soup in Detroit. Make sure you use a large stock pot, because this recipe is big. SIMPLY AMAZING!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
In a large stock pot over medium heat, stir and cook onions in butter until soft. Add broth, mixed vegetables, kidney beans, tomatoes, spinach, and tomato paste; simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
Using a slotted spoon, remove about half of the vegetables to a blender or food processor, reserving liquid in stock pot. Puree the vegetables until smooth and return them to stock pot.
Stir in garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, basil, macaroni, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, garbanzo beans, and heavy cream; cook for 1/2 hour, stirring frequently. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
Today's recipe – How To Make Best Darn Minestrone Soup Around http://t.co/7uJJsaO0 #soup #recipes
“@GLSoupRecipes: Today's recipe – How To Make Best Darn Minestrone Soup Around http://t.co/ksdbUV6D #soup #recipes”
[…] Get full soup recipe here… Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. Posted in Uncategorized […]