This is a spicy, fruity black bean pureed soup that goes well with a small scoop of sour cream.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango – peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers, for garnish
Place the olive oil in a deep, heavy pot, and heat over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and 1 red pepper; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the black beans. Add the mango, banana, cumin, ginger, and hot pepper sauce; stir and cook until fruit softens. Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring soup mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid reduces, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place soup in batches into a blender, and blend until smooth; or use a stick blender to blend in the soup pot. Serve garnished with dollops of sour cream and sprinkled with red bell pepper.
Today's recipe – How To Make Calypso Black Bean Soup http://t.co/PAo1PCJ4 #soup #recipes
RT @glsouprecipes: Today's recipe – How To Make Calypso Black Bean Soup http://t.co/RuRrtQs0 #soup #recipes