- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Steam carrots until tender.
In a blender or food processor, combine cooked carrots and 3/4 cup broth. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, parsley, basil, and ground red pepper. Add half-and-half cream all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in carrot mixture and remaining broth. Season with salt and black pepper. Thin with milk or water if needed.
[…] See full ‘How To Make Carrot Soup’ recipe here… […]