- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed and sliced
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half – cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Bring the water to a boil. Add the garlic powder and the hot pepper sauce. Put the carrots and mushrooms into the pot of water. Cook for five minutes.
Add the okra, wild rice, and chicken cubes. Turn heat to low, and cook for three hours.
Add the spiral pasta, and cook for ten minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with green onions.