- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (11.5 ounce) cans tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup frozen cut okra
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 2 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- salt and pepper to taste
Pour 1 can vegetable broth and water into a large pot. Place potatoes and cabbage into pot, and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender but firm.
Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease and mix beef into the pot. Stir the onion, celery, green bell pepper, and garlic into the skillet. Cook until tender, then mix into the pot.
Pour remaining broth and tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, frozen mixed vegetables, okra, lima beans, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, and bacon grease. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 hours.