- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cut into cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 lime
Combine rice and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Cook chicken, bell pepper, onion, chili powder and garlic powder 5 minutes, stirring often. Pour in broth and corn. Stir in 1 cup cooked rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with lime wedges.