- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups milk
In a 6-quart pot, saute celery, onion, and garlic in butter or margarine until soft.
Stir in flour. Gradually add water, and then vegetables, bouillon cubes, and chives. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat. Cover the soup, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in cheese and milk, and stir until melted. Do not boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.