- 3 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
In a blender or food processor, puree whole tomatoes until smooth.
In a large pot over medium heat, cook zucchini, onions and mushrooms in oil until tender. Pour in pureed tomatoes. Season with salt, bay leaves, thyme, basil and white pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.