- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/3 quarts vegetable stock
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1/2 pound spinach, rinsed and chopped
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, and stir in garlic and onion. Cook until tender. Season with cumin and coriander.
Mix vegetable stock and potatoes into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir in the garbanzo beans, and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
In a small bowl, blend the heavy cream, tahini, and corn meal. Mix into the soup.
Stir spinach into the soup. Season with cayenne pepper and salt. Continue to cook until spinach is heated through.