- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons hawaij
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 5 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
v garbanzo beans with their liquid; cook for 5 minutes.
Pour in the water and bring the soup to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in the hawaij and vegetable bouillon powder. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender about 15 minutes. Season to taste.