- 1 1/2 pounds bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) garbanzo beans, drained
- 3/4 cup instant white rice
Cook and stir the sausage, onion, and bell pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease.
Stir the tomato soup, water, pork and beans, barbeque sauce, and garbanzo beans into the sausage mixture; reduce heat to low and simmer another 15 minutes. Add the instant rice and continue cooking until the rice is tender, about 5 minutes.