- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 12 ounces processed cheese food, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the olive oil in a large pot, and saute the onion and garlic until tender. Season with oregano.
Mix in the chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Mix in the zucchini, yellow squash, corn, and chile peppers. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
Mix the cubed processed cheese into the soup. Continue to cook and stir until cheese is melted. Season with pepper. Mix in the cilantro just before serving.