This is an easy, hearty, spicy soup. I have found that it is a favorite even with picky people! The recipe is always requested. Serve with warm buttered tortillas, cheese, and sour cream.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh green chile peppers
- 1 (5 ounce) can chunk chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until transparent. Stir in the garlic, green chiles, chicken meat, and cumin. Cook for one minute to blend the flavors. Stir in the cream of chicken soup and half-and-half. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Ladle hot soup into bowls. Top with cheese and a dollop of sour cream.