- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds cut fresh asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 (3 ounce) packages pork ramen noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
In a large soup kettle, saute the celery, onion, and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the water, asparagus, cabbage, parsley, tarragon and cayenne is desired; bring to a boil.
Coarsely crush the noodles. Add the noodles with the contents of the seasoning packets to the kettle. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender. Add the pork, heat through.