- 1/2 pound dried white pea beans
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 pound beef soup bones
- 1 quart water
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 2 bunches kale – rinsed, dried and chopped
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 quart hot water or as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
Soak beans in twice their volume of water 8 hours or overnight.
In a large pot, place drained beans, chorizo, soup bones and 1 quart water (or more as needed to cover). Cook over medium heat until beans are just beginning to be tender, 1 hour.
Stir in cabbage, kale, potatoes and enough hot water to cover. Cook until potatoes are tender, 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.