This is a good recipe for those of you who are looking for soups that are low in fat, but high in taste. The soup is great as is, but some diced sweet potato is a nice addition.
- 6 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- 6 cups water, or to cover
In a large pot over high heat, combine the bouillon, carrots, tomatoes, onion, celery, green bell pepper, cabbage, basil, garlic, Italian-style seasoning and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, or until all vegetables are to desired tenderness.