- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 baking potato
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 8 cups water
Chop all the vegetables into medium chunks.
Heat the oil in a heavy pan, and saute the vegetables together with the salt, pepper, and hot sauce for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add water, garbanzo beans, coriander, turmeric, and bouillon cube. Bring soup to the boil. Wash the eggs thoroughly, and add to the pan. Turn down the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove eggs, now hard-cooked; peel, slice, and add to the soup. Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. Serve over steamed couscous.