- 1 tablespoon CRISCO(r) Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 tablespoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Regular, 2% or Fat Free Carnation(r) Evaporated Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes, until tender and fragrant.
Add squash, sweet potato and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil. Cover pot, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Puree soup in blender, food processor or with immersion blender. Return to heat. Stir in Carnation(r) Evaporated Milk. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.