- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 large red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Add the cheeses, cream, and milk; heat mixture until cheeses melt and the mixture is simmering.
Stir in the tomatoes (including their liquid), tomato juice, basil, sugar, and pepper. Continue to simmer mixture for 15 to 20 minutes while stirring constantly. Do not boil.