- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
Add carrot and celery; cook 7 to 9 minutes until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
[…] See full ‘How To Make Tomato Soup’ recipe here… […]