- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can CONTADINA?(r) Recipe Ready Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney or pinto beans, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley*
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dried small pasta shells or macaroni
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, beans, 1/3 cup water, basil, parsley and pepper. Bring to boil.
Add pasta; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.