- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large stock pot bring water to boil and add frozen mixed vegetables, celery and onion. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender and then drain any excess water.
Using a 3 quart sauce pan melt margarine. Slowly stir in flour until both ingredients are blended. Slowly add milk, cheese and corn. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
Combine cheese mixture and vegetables and heat over low heat until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.