- 1/2 pound Irish bacon, diced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken stock, or as needed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced dark green Savoy cabbage leaves
Place bacon in a large, deep stockpot or saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain off any excess fat.
Stir in potatoes, tomatoes, and enough chicken stock to cover. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in cabbage and allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes longer before serving.