- 1 1/2 pounds hot Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained with juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a large microwave-safe dish, microwave sausage 5 minutes on high, until no longer pink. Remove sausage from dish. Stir garlic and olive oil into sausage drippings and microwave 1 minute. Stir in onion, bell pepper, parsley and basil and microwave 4 minutes, until just tender.
Stir in the mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Then stir in the tomatoes, wine and reserved clam juice. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring once.
Stir in the sausage and cook 5 minutes more. Let stand 5 minutes before stirring in the clams and salt. Serve hot.
[…] See full ‘Microwave Sausage and Clam Soup’ recipe here… […]
@MySousChefApp haha everyone loves a sausage in my home. This looks great 😉